Anxiety · Personal

It’s Been A Busy Time – Happiness vs. Sadness Goal

I’ve pretty much been run off my feet, which, to tell you the truth, is a nice change from sitting around the house feeling sick.

Things have been a bit stressful – I won’t go into too much detail, but tensions were very high between my partner and I. So much so that I couldn’t keep up my happiness. On my calendar for Thursday, I have a blue cross (for unhappy) with two little water droplets.

My mother invited herself over on Friday – most likely because she could tell I was stressed (a mother always knows, I guess) – and fortunately that meant I could help my partner out with something he was stressing over. I did get yelled at a little, but this time it was just a blue cross. We had to empty out a whole garage sized area of books and other heavy objects. It took a couple of hours!

Anyway, by the end of Friday night things seemed to be okay.

Saturday dawned, and it was time for me to go to work. I still, unfortunately, carried the sadness with me, but I was eventually able to break away from it during the day. I think the break away from each other did wonders for my partner as well – to see it in his perspective, he works all week and then has me to deal with on the weekends, so he never really gets time for himself.

That night, my partner and I went to a ball! We got all dressed up and arrived at a beautiful venue overlooking the whole city. The night was actually quite fun, and I spent a lot of time talking to a younger male next to me who didn’t know anyone at the table. I was in the same boat, and I know that if I was there alone I would be bored as all hell without someone to talk to.

By around 10 PM I was ready to go home, however my partner had invested a lot of money in the raffle, so we had to wait for it to be drawn – and that wasn’t until almost 11 PM! At that stage I was tired from a whole day of work, loud music, etc. etc. so we came back home and I jumped straight into bed.

Sunday morning – 7:20 AM alarm. Yes, I had to get up early again and go to work. This morning was a little more eventful, as my car was completely frosted over! I spent a lot of time trying to defrost it – thankfully I had a bottle of water in my car, so I steered my car carefully to some sunlight and began the task. Usually I wouldn’t have this problem, however our garage is currently housing a lot of junk so my car has been banished OUTSIDE!

Actually, my car was so confused it thought about deploying the airbags! Thankfully it didn’t!

Work was productive. I am just happy that I was able to work the whole day. My head was foggy for most of the time, but at least there was no panic and my body seemed to be working with me. During lunch I ventured outside for my recommended 20 – 30 minutes of sunlight a day; there’s nothing better than sunlight on the skin.

By the time I got home this afternoon I was feeling really good. I decided to go out and get dinner instead of waiting for my partner to cook – you never know when that is going to happen – and he stayed in because he was in his PJs. I decided to buy burritos and so went to the shop myself. I knew it was going to be a bit of a challenge because I was already feeling very tired and a bit sick – and when I walked in it was boiling hot! What do you know, I had a mini panic attack in the shop!

However, I just said to myself, “it’s just a panic attack, it’ll go away” and it did! I don’t think I’m as scared of them as I was, ever since Wednesday when I was able to overcome an attack at work – something I’ve NEVER done before.

I’m not quite back up to the same level of happiness I was, but considering there are 14 red crosses and only 4 blue, I think I’m doing pretty well.

I’m looking forward to a good sleep in tomorrow morning, and a day to myself where I can do whatever I wish!




Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s